Well here it is at the beginning. The engine is locked up. I will discover later after the engine is running that the clutch is stuck. You can't see it from here but on the other rear wheel the axle has been welded to the wheel center. Front tires are seventies circa subarau style white spoke rims. In the front view picture you can really get the true NASCAR styling that is going on with the B.The battery box and tool box are in really bad shape. The fluids are nasty but not much water at all. When I get into one of the final drives I find bits and pieces fron a roller bearing BUT the gear grease/dirt conbo keeps the bearing pieces from tearing up the bull gear.
I went to drain the oil in this picture. I pulled the drain plug but nothing came out. The old oil had been in the pan for so long that it had formed a solid layer across the drian hole that I had to use a screwdriver to puncture. Needless to say the pan came off and went into the parts cleaner. It was just the first of many to go into the cleaner, sandblaster or electrolysis vat.
Bsically over the next 13 months a stady stream of parts and pieces will be: taken off, cleaned and fixed; straightened, bondo, and sanded; then primered and painted.
Many thanks to; Shane for help with the maganeto, Sheldon for all the tools and advice, and most of all, Sharon,for putting up with all this madness (Not just this tractor but the tractor harem in general).
Just an explaination on the last comment. I brought pictures into work and one of the nurses said that her husband had done the same thing to a David Brown tractor that had come with the farm they had bought. This tractor was half in the pond when he dragged it out and started the restoration. Well she gave it a name, Lilly. Lilly turned into "the other woman". She said the he spent all of his time with her. He was always buying her presents etc. She began to feel that he loved Lilly more than her. I told my wife this story and I also said that I didn't have the heart to tell her that my wife was competing against a harem.
Thanks for looking and enjoy!
Tim
No comments:
Post a Comment